Pages

Friday 11 May 2018

A Profusion of Flowers


I’ve been absent from my blog for a while. When did I last post? Anyway, I return with lots of things.

First of all, if you remember from the beginning of the year, I was planning to do a drawing every day. Well, I managed for a while but then failed completely. Life just took over and I didn’t have time. Sometimes I didn’t have the energy, sometimes I just didn’t feel like drawing. But that’s ok. I’ve learned in recent years not to be bothered by little things that don’t get done; it’s not worth it. I’ve also learned not to force myself into something because it never works; it ends up being my worst work and something I’m really not happy with.

I’ve been doing a bit of quick sketching in the last few days though and here are the results.


I’ve also been photographing like mad with all the flowers finally coming into bloom. You may have seen them on my social media. At the moment it’s like a cherry blossom explosion! 













The blooms are starting to fall now though and the petals slowly fluttering down are like a snowstorm. They’re carpeting the garden in a profusion of pink. (And the neighbour’s garden too probably.)

I’m extremely proud of these little flowers in particular.




I sowed some wildflower seeds two years ago but only a few actually grew. They didn’t bloom last year so I’m assuming that they’re biennials and it means I’ve only discovered what they are this week. I think they’re Red Campion; I’ve looked in my wildlife book, compared the pictures and that’s the nearest likeness I can find.

I’m going to be doing some experiments in the next week and will be posting the results on social media during the week and here next Friday, so if you’re interested, come along and have a look.

Have a lovely weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. I love to hear from you.