Pages

Sunday 24 December 2017

Merry Christmas

I've been doing some Christmas crochet this week, and here's the result.



It's a Christmas Angel. It's not my own pattern, I found it in a well known women's magazine and couldn't resist having a go at crocheting her.

This is how she started out, a simple circle of yarn.



Then she turned into a disembodied head! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Š




Her body arrived though, so she was ok after that. 😁




Not long after, her wings came fluttering along.




She was put together to make a lovely angel as you saw in the first photo. Here she is with a bit of Christmassy sparkle.




I brought in some holly and ivy yesterday to provide some natural decoration along with all the rest of the tinsel. In folklore the nature spirits are meant to be in the greenery and reside in the home during the coldest month if the year to be safe and warm. They're let out again in the new year on twelfth night when you put the foliage outside.




I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. If you don't celebrate Christmas, I wish you a peaceful winter. πŸ˜ŠπŸŽ„πŸŽ…πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. I love to hear from you.