Pages

Friday 23 June 2017

30 Days Wild Days 22 & 23



Day 22

A few years ago, I tried an exfoliating scrub for the first time, but then after only a few weeks of using it, I found out about microbeads and how damaging they are to the environment and aquatic life. The little beads are made of plastic and can hang around in the sea for a long time, being eaten by animals. When I checked the one I had it contained microbeads, so I stopped using it.

Looking around for other types, I noticed that a lot of them also had chemicals in them, parabens, etc. So I thought about trying to make a scrub myself, using the ingredients I'd seen on the label of one. I bought sea salt, an avocado and a lime to experiment with.




I put the avocado flesh and the lime juice into a food processor so it's all mushed up, then I mixed it with the salt and came up with this.




I think it works just like the ones you can buy in shops and it's completely free from all chemicals and plastics, so it won't hurt the environment. All together it only cost me £2.87. Much cheaper than a scrub you can buy and it lasts quite a while providing I keep it in the fridge. 

I don't expect everyone to make their own scrub, but please check the label on anything you buy to make sure it has no plastic microbeads in it, only natural exfoliants. If you do try to make your own, I'm sure there are lots of websites out there with information, but please note that if you try this one, you do so at your own risk. I made this for myself so I don't know how it will work for anyone else. 😊


Day 23

"I've looked at clouds from both sides now....." 🎼 πŸŽ΅πŸŽΆ 🎹🎸 πŸ˜€

Yes, I've taken photos of different types of cloud - all in the sky around my garden within about 15 minutes. It's amazing how many types can be in the sky at once, from whispy thin tendrils to big puffy cotton wool mountains and soft looking blankets. 

If you look closely at this one, you can see the small speck of a fly that flew past just as I took the photo. Just below it, the cloud looks a bit like the head and neck of a dragon I think. 🐲






I love the way the sun is shining on the clouds here. The bright spot was a reflection on the lens. 










A hill with a castle on top? (to the right.)




These clouds look like waves in the sea to me.



A link to the Wildlife Trusts: wildlifetrusts.org/30DaysWild

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. I love to hear from you.