Pages

Monday 19 June 2017

30 Days Wild Days 17, 18 & 19



Day 17

I was looking at one of my pressed sycamore leaves and thought it could look like a peacock's tail if it were blue, so what did I do? I painted it blue. 😊 Then I drew a peacock, created a background and put it all together. This is the result, my second wild work of art!




Day 18

While in the garden yesterday, I found a fly on it's back nearly drowning in my cat's outside water bowl, so I saved it. I couldn't just leave it. Here it is on the ground.




I was worried it might get stepped on as it was so wet it couldn't fly properly, so I put it on a leaf to dry out. It used its legs to wipe its wings and then walked about for a bit until it was dry enough. Here it is on the leaf.





Some people may say it's only a fly, but it's a little life that's just as wonderful as anything else.

While I was watching this fly, another came along and landed on a nearby blade of grass. It's a different type of fly as it has different markings and colours - white around the head - but I haven't yet worked out what type of flies they are. This is the second one.





Here's a slightly better photo of the second fly on a leaf. You can see the sun reflecting in its eyes. 😁






Day 19

I woke up really early this morning and realised that the dawn had just arrived, so I got my camera and took this photo.




There's a rosy hue to the sky at the bottom left corner and the last quarter crescent moon is still there. I hope you can just about see it!

As I watched, I heard the robin singing, then the blackbird, sparrows chirping and a collared dove cooing. The male and female blackbirds were flitting about and it all felt quite peaceful and serene. Then the traffic began, but I could still hear the birds. They make the other everyday human-made sounds a bit more bearable and listening to them makes you feel better about whatever's happening. I think, if I could, I'd just lie in a field all day listening to the birds doing their thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. I love to hear from you.