Pages

Friday 16 June 2017

30 Days Wild Days 15 & 16



Day 15

For my Random Act of Wildness yesterday, I spent some time in the garden and watched the birds flying around. I managed to get some photos of them. 

Here's the male blackbird who I see quite regularly and who sings his beautiful song from the trees.




I've also seen a female blackbird, so I assume that these two are a pair and I've seen a young blackbird: brown with a brownish beak. It's lovely to know that birds are bringing up their chicks here.

This is one of the female chaffinches I've seen. I know the photo is a bit blurry, but it's the best I could do in the time she stayed at the feeder. 😊




Here's one of the collard doves who visit every day, peeking through the trees at me. She knew I was there.





Here's another on a branch in silhouette.




And here they are both together.




Finally, here's one of the woodpigeons that I see every day.




Day 16

I actually did two Random Acts of Wildness yesterday as last night I wondered how quickly the sky changes. So I decided to take photos of the same patch over about an hour and a half. I wanted to see the differences in the sky, the clouds and the light and colour.

Here you can still see blue sky between the grey and white clouds.




This is about fifteen minutes later and the deep grey/blue clouds have rolled over.



Here the clouds seem to have a purple tinge with gaps showing the still blue sky.




The clouds had covered the sky by fifteen minutes later.




Then the greyness of twilight had set in.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. I love to hear from you.